Learn more about my research - here are some selected publications. Several have been covered by news sources such as The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, Forbes, and Slate as well as numerous blogs and educational websites. Even A Matter of App got a little coverage, most notably here: Wired: Geek Dad.
Thank you for the support and helping me get the word out!
- Guernsey, L., Levine, M. H., Chiong, C., & Severns, M. (2012). Pioneering Literacy in the Digital Wild West: Empowering Parents and Educators. The Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop, New York.
- Chiong, C., Ree, J., Takeuchi, L., & Erickson, I. (2012). Print Books vs. E-books: Comparing parent-child co-reading on print, basic, and enhanced e-book platforms. The Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop, New York.
- Chiong, C. (2012). Living up to the hype: Can mobile technology really make kids smarter? Early Childhood Matters, 117, 90-95.
- Chiong, C., & DeLoache, J. S. (2012). Learning the A B C’s: What kinds of picture books facilitate young children’s learning? Journal of Early Literacy Education.
- Chiong, C. & Shuler, C. (2010). Learning: Is there an app for that? Investigations of young children’s usage and learning with mobile devices and apps. The Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop, New York.
- DeLoache, J. S., Chiong, C., Sherman, K., Vanderborght, M., Islam, N., Troseth, G. L., Strouse, G. A., & O'Doherty, K. (2010). Do babies learn from baby media? Psychological Science.
- Tare, M., Chiong, C., Ganea, P., & DeLoache, J. S. (2010). Less is more: The effect of manipulative features on children’s learning from picture books. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology.
- Chiong, C. (2009). Intergenerational Play and Educational Media Design Workshop: An Exploration of the Potential of Games to Promote Literacy. The Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop, New York.
- DeLoache, J. S. & Chiong, C. (2009). Babies and Baby Media. American Behavioral Scientist, 52, 1115 – 1137.